Becoming an Auxiliary Officer
Joining the Auxiliary Police is a great opportunity for individuals looking to get started in law enforcement or for community-minded adults who wish to help out in law enforcement while maintaining a full-time job or career.
To be considered for the Lawrence Auxiliary Police Force, all applicants must:
• be a Massachusetts resident,
• be at least 20 1/2 years of age,
• pass an extensive background investigation,
• posses a valid Massachusetts driver's license,
• posses a high school diploma or G.E.D.
Each officer is required to volunteer for one assignment per week and is scheduled for other assignments at the weekly “assignment signup” on Tuesday evenings between 7:30pm and 9:00pm. Applications are available at the front desk of Lawrence Police Department