Contact Infomation

Off. Gene Scanlon

(978) 794-5900 Ext. 584


Firearm Info and Forms

Non-residents and Resident aliens

Must apply directly to the Firearms Records Bureau, 200 Arlington St. Chelsea, MA 02150, 617-660-4780
Massachusetts Non-Resident Application
Massachusetts Resident Alien Application

LTC-A&B/FID-C/FID-Restricted, “Change of Address”
If you move, you must file a Change of Address notification.
The original form and a copy of the front of your LTC/FID must be sent to the Firearms Records Bureau within 30 days of your move, via certified mail.

You must also send a copy of the Change of Address form with a copy of the front of your LTC/FID to the Lawrence Police Department, and the police department where you have moved to, both by certified mail.
(Failure to change your address within 30 days can be grounds for suspension or revocation.)

All LTCs and FIDs should be renewed at least two months before they expire but not more than five months before.
(The Firearms Records Bureau may or may not, mail you a timely renewal notice!)

Renewals require your LTC/FID, drivers license and $100.00 money order only.

Transferring firearms requires filling out the on-line eFA-10 form. Once the on-line form is completed, PRINT three(3) copies. One copy for the seller, one for the buyer and one to mail to the Firearms Records Bureau.